West Nile Victim Took a Nap and Woke Up Paralyzed

Mosquito control is essential not only for avoiding the irritation of mosquito bites, but also for preventing the potentially life-threatening diseases that mosquitos can transmit. As this video demonstrates, even one mosquito bite can result in paralysis and other health complications.

Devin Lenz took a nap one evening and woke up without feeling in his legs. After Lenz was admitted to a hospital and underwent medical testing, doctors determined that he had contracted West Nile virus, presumably through a mosquito bite. Though Lenz was fastidious in his mosquito repellent application, he had forgotten to put it on his feet. As a result, his life has been forever changed by a single mosquito bite.

Platinum Mosquito Protection can safeguard your loved ones from the dangers of mosquito bites. Our mosquito misting systems not only ward off mosquitos, but also kill them before they bite. To learn more about our mosquito control services, call (954) 888-9311.

(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)